We recognize and respect the privacy expectations of today’s consumers and the requirements of applicable federal and state privacy laws. We believe that making you aware of how we use your non-public personal information (“Personal Information”), and to whom it is disclosed, will form the basis for a relationship of trust between us and the public we serve. This Privacy Statement provides that explanation. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time consistent with applicable privacy laws.
In the course of our business, we collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- From applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative;
- From your transactions with, or from the services being performed by us, our affiliates, or others;
- From our internet web sites;
- From the public records maintained by governmental entities that we either obtain directly from those entities, or from our affiliates or others; and
- From consumer or other reporting agencies.
Our Policies Regarding the Protection of the Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or intrusion. We limit access to the Personal Information only to those employees who need such access in connection with providing products or services to you or for other legitimate business purposes.
Our Policies and Practices Regarding the Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, such as insurance companies, agents, and other real estate settlement service providers. We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to agents, brokers or representatives to provide your with services you have requested;
- to third-party contractors or service providers who provide services or perform marketing or other functions on our behalf; and
- to others with whom we enter into joint marketing agreements for products or services that we believe you may find of interest.
In addition, we will disclose your Personal Information when you direct or give us permission, when we are required by law to do so, or when we suspect fraudulent or criminal activities. We also may disclose your Personal Information when otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws such as, for example, when disclosure is needed to enforce our rights arising out of any agreement, transaction or relationship with you.
One of the important responsibilities of some of our affiliated companies is to record documents in the public domain. Such documents may contain your Personal Information.
Right to Access Your Personal Information and Ability to Correct Errors or Request Changes or Deletion
Certain states afford you the right to access your Personal Information and, under certain circumstances, to find out to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed. Also, certain states afford you the right to request correction, amendment or deletion of your Personal Information. We reserve the right, where permitted by law, to charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in responding to such requests.
All requests must be made in writing to the following address:
A&G Title and Abstract Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 595 / 85 Main Avenue (Mailing address)
Wynantskill, NY 12198
Multiple Products or Services
If we provide you with more than one product or service, you may receive more than one privacy notice from us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you.